- Maintain an Individual Professional Development Plan, reasonable documentation that validates the completion of an activity and the number of points accrued, and a record log of complete recertification activities, including
- the topic and type of professional activities completed,
- the dates of the activities
- the number of points completed.
- Obtain at least 150 Professional Development Points (PDPs) for a primary license and 30 PDPs for each additional license within the five year period.
- At least 120 of the PDPs must be in the content area of the certificate or in pedagogy directly related to the educator's primary certificate, with at least 90 PDPs in the content area of the educator's primary certificate.
- Documentation is subject to review by the educator's supervisor and audit by the Department.
- The applicant is responsible for compliance with Department regulations and guidelines.
For Updated Information on Massachusetts Educator Licensure please refer to the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Website: www.doe.mass.edu/educators
- Back to Top -