Employment Opportunities for Teachers & Administrators
The Springfield Public Schools is committed to hiring highly qualified and diverse educators, administrators, and professional staff.
Why teach in Springfield?
- A Focus on Teaching and Learning
- Commitment to Student Excellence
- Diverse Urban Setting Serving Over 25,000 Students
- State of the Art Federal Magnet Programs
- International Baccalaureate Programs (IB)
- Non-Traditional Education Programs
- Expeditionary Learning Schools and a Vocational Technical Academy
- Exceptional Professional Development Offerings
- Business & Community Partnerships
- Structured opportunities for teachers to become and Instructional Leadership Specialists, Effective Educator Coaches, and Pupil Service Leaders
- Administrative licensure program (Principal Licensure)
- Professional growth opportunities
- Dedicated and experienced staff
- Competitive Salary and Health Benefits
Springfield supports its teachers and educators by offering a wide array of special programs and services for professional growth, including:
- SPS Educator Orientation Program for early career educators
- Support for beginning teachers that includes district and school-based support
- No-cost, DESE-approved initial licensure programs for teachers with a preliminary license in Middle and High school
- Paid workshop opportunities that are content-specific and provide professional development points
- Graduate level courses
- Structured opportunities for teachers to become Instructional Leadership Specialists and Effective Educator Coaches
- Administrative leadership programs (Principal Licensure)
All prospective educators and administrators must be licensed with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) or in the process of becoming licensed at the level or in the field for which they are applying.
The Springfield Public Schools accepts ongoing applications for teaching positions in the following critical need areas:
- English as a Second Language
- Mathematics (Algebra, Pre- Calculus, Calculus, & Geometry)
- Science -General Science K-6, Middle School, and High School (General Science, Biology, Chemistry, & Physics)
- Special Education- Teachers of Students with Moderate and Severe Disabilities. We have a full spectrum of Special Education programs: Self-contained educational classrooms, Social Emotional & Behavioral Support, and Autism (Licensure Program available)
- Teachers of the Visually Impaired/Mobility/Orientation
- Speech and Language Pathologists
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
Educator & Administrative Positions
- Positions will remain open until vacancies are filled -
TAKE THE TIME TO EXPLORE OUR WEBSITE TO DISCOVER MORE ABOUT
THE SPRINGFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS!
Licensed Teachers & Administrative Positions (DESE licensed positions)*
Ms. Pansy James
*licensed content area teachers, school guidance & adjustment counselors, special education teachers, occupational and physical therapists, speech & language pathologists and assistants, librarians, reading specialists, instructional leadership specialists, teacher leaders, principals, and assistant principals.
- An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer –
- Back to Top
The Springfield Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, age, handicap, or military service, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.